Tuesday 3 October 2023

Star Wars Colouring Project-Resurrection of Evil (1981)

Resurection Of Evil! nah not the Tory Conference although would be apt slogan next year  if  that loon Suella gets her way


 






I wanted to get this out just before final episode of Ashoka -  something I've wanted to colour since early 80's (The original story  came out in 1981 in the first Marvel Comic run of Star Wars  .. these scans came from the UK reprints of  Empire Strikes Back Monthly so I didn't have to remove the the origiunal colours as we got these stories originally in black n white whilst the  seventh splash page comes from Walts artist edition Star Wars -  except I reversed the image to how it appeared on the front cover .of Issue 52-Luke having Jedi instincts would of reacted quicker than original so I added that image into the story

I'll return to this story once I get a few 2000ad and Battle Action  colouring projects  going again 

Good to see General Rieekan  again ..first saw him in Fawlty Towers bickering with Basil over a Waldorf Salad 


Heres the other spash  page I put the engines in as I don't think they ever turn those boosters off but here is a more faithful version of the opening splash page

Walt and Tom a dream team they'll plenty more to come -but it'll be in a few monthes but here's the late great Tom , my fave inker And Heres Walt -not as long as last vid but no doubt I'll feature more interviews as I post pages here , the vid  wont embed so I'll try and link this one instead https://youtu.be/KlTlYisxwX0?si=fiMMSw-uJtp0Owaa

Jeez what do people have against  embedding?

about 45 minutes before Ashoka starts my predictions .. Rays gonna either hook up with the Bendu (Tom Baker) or maybe even the Whills  .. but more than likely something entirely different-  but it's been a blast -


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

FallOut 4 Thee Playlist.

 My Fallout Fallout4 playlist meaning it's based on the original games and tv show for a change (I've done Star Wars, The Avengers, ...