Tuesday 10 October 2023

Battle Action Colouring Projects-"Johnny Red -Episode 2" & "Charleys War -Episode 11"


 A double dose of Joe Colquhoun in colour - First up Johnny Red Episode 2 written by Tom Tully.

 I Needed a front cover image for this post  it's been greatly altered from the original Battle (and in tiny letters Valiant ) cover from 1977 to Battle Action as it like The Falcon has risen again also removed the Hammer and Sickle that was in the original as when I started  these pages the War in Ukraine had broken out -so I changed it to the squadrons logo as Johnny was always battling the powers that be fought the fascists on both sides -but back to 1941 and Murmansk




Johnny Reds back alongside my first love Nina Petrova in five excellent issues of Battle Action -never thought I'd ever see the return of the title but thanks to these good folks  it's back  and will return in 2024 look forward to the next instalment of stories 


I'm currently colouring first episode of Coolies Gun but expect to see the next episode of Psi Judge Anderson first as those pages are almost complete - I wanted to go to this festival but it's impossible with my current situation -my real job is caring for my Mum( just like Dredger) so I can't get out much unless it's for groceries or to the chemist - colouring these pages is my freetime which suits me , no deadlines, I just get on with it but it's been about three years without a break (apart from the odd weekends which I tend to work on these anyhow) I completed Episode 11 of Charley over the weekend it took me a while and chose to colour Star Wars inbetween  as subject matter (The Somme) can be emotionally draining  no idea how Joe could keep bashing out pages week after week -seeing his drawings of the Tommies playing football as they run into machine gun fire makes me angry at the high command ,the politicians and the profiteers of war  Joe managed to draw these pages week after week he truly is the Guvnor as you will see here


 

Charleys War episode 11 written by Pat Mills who is currently writing another WW1 based story MI7 Assassin - 


I wonder if my hometown Folkestone gets a mention found out some fascinating facts about the early secret service back in 2014 , .. 


How things have changed since that time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FallOut 4 Thee Playlist.

 My Fallout Fallout4 playlist meaning it's based on the original games and tv show for a change (I've done Star Wars, The Avengers, ...