Sunday 14 May 2023

The Return of One Eyed Jack


 




The Return Of Jack McBane - John Wagner and John Cooper proving you can pack a hell of alot into 3 pages -coloured this back in 2021.. posted this on Hipsville365ad blog but seeing as this my main personal blog now plus  he's starring in  a new Dredd story in the Megazine thought I'd dig these up again .. this story originally appeared in a comic before even my time  called Valient .I first eyeballed   Jack when I was about 4 in Battle Action Picture Weekly by then he was a secret agent rather than a Dirty Harry type street cop -which I think suited him better reading his early stories in Eagle and then the collection years later from Treasurey of British Comics-there is Dredd connection in the latest Megazine story looking forward to seeing how that story concludes.- written by Ken Niemand




 I was trying to create an old movie poster look with this -I would do a better version of this now in 2023

Currently working on Anderson PSI Division, Episode 9 of  Charleys War , Star Wars both Newspaper  strip by Al Williamson and Walt Simonsons Ressurection of Evil, a  early Emma Peel era  Avengers story drawn by John Stokes circa 1965  plus another Battle story called Coolies Gun -here's a liitle preview of that  art by another British comic legend Geof Campion


 


 Busy Busy Busy !.. but need to divide time between this and caring for my Mum so that's why I've been a bit slower lately -I wanted to go  to the next Comic Convention in Enniskillen but that looks unlikely now  because of my duties as a carer  I can't really getaway right now which is a drag -I'll just keep banging out  some coloured pages for the time being.

    

No comments:

Post a Comment

FallOut 4 Thee Playlist.

 My Fallout Fallout4 playlist meaning it's based on the original games and tv show for a change (I've done Star Wars, The Avengers, ...