Monday 11 July 2022

Charleys War Colouring Project -Episode 7

 



Story Pat Mills -Art Joe Colquhoun-Letters -John Aldrich  and    Jim Campbell.

It's barely worth having this blog got  two views on last post -but that only puts me in determined mood instead - got the colouring bug again wanted to colour the best comic story ever even though in truth it's original black and white form thats how it intended to be seen at that time -but that's the challenge you see ... but these days everything else is in colour -and this stories so important that in my mind I feel if it can reach a new audience it's message which is at it's core anti war will reach a few more people.

Having better luck on fb group with this -but  here the images are bigger I'll stick them on Flickr at some point.

Later in this story you see the first tanks -but they weren't really as Joe has drawn  it's forerunner which was originally used for agricultural purposes


I went to Dorset on my hoils a few years back I do wish I went to Tank Museum now maybe I'll revisit I'm due a holiday -I've been caring for a solid two years with no break not even weekends -I wonder if the museum existed in 70's as it would be perfect place for Joe to sketch these machines I wonder how Ginger got hold of anti war paper The Masses before anyone else..where Robert Minors "At Last the Perfect Soldier " first appeared.
Two new characters introduced in this episode the battle that Lucky and Pops sons fought in was more than likely the Battle of Loos where the British first unleased gas warfare for the first time(I think the Germans used it first earlier that year)it prooved to be-a fatal mistake. Already working on episode 7 should have that completed by the end of the week,

No comments:

Post a Comment

FallOut 4 Thee Playlist.

 My Fallout Fallout4 playlist meaning it's based on the original games and tv show for a change (I've done Star Wars, The Avengers, ...