Friday 8 October 2021

Charleys War-Colouring Project -Part 1


 I decided to have another go at the interior cover of the original Titan Album the  background is left bare but this time attempted to create a poppy like exploison or at least the after effects -that was the idea  rather than leaving a blank space  like I did ten years ago -

This became the Front Cover of the Second Volume of the latest reprints. coloured by Len O'Grady so I decided to try something different from his version.

‘None (have come) even close to matching the depiction of inhumanity and misery conjured up by Pat Mills and Joe Colquhoun’s masterful Charley’s War.’-Alan Moore -who of course knows the score 

So here goes the story so far I -have an ambition now to complete the entire story in full colour -it's gonna take years -but wanted to do this since 1979




 



















 I won't post such a big slice next time around -just a regular 3 page episode -but theres nowt regular about the content of the story brillant from start till finish  they'll be  more Joe Colquhoun soon as I attempt to colour the first episode of Johnny Red .

Decided may not conclude Hipsville365ad although deserves more hits that'll be my blog for music and gaming megalong beatnik tv playlists and  general daftness -but this blog will specialize in my colouring of classic stories - just need a bit of privacy and I'll just getalong with it.



No comments:

Post a Comment

FallOut 4 Thee Playlist.

 My Fallout Fallout4 playlist meaning it's based on the original games and tv show for a change (I've done Star Wars, The Avengers, ...