Friday 1 September 2023

Star Wars Colouring Project "The Bounty Hunter of Ord Mantell"-Part 2

 A re-colouring of  Cynthia Martin's and  Art Nichols  classic Issue 97 cover .. saw the original in Forbidden Planet Denmark Street back in the day I had been reading the weekly at the time but didn't want spoilers but this cover totally  rocked really stood out on the newstand ... in the same issue Cynthia designed some really cool unique looking Stormtroopers... now there are so many variants of Stormies thought it would nice to add a few here.. I did have a Nova Trooper  but maybe too obscure for  this cover,

Before Yuuzhan Vong and the Grysk whoever they may be- the threat coming from another Galaxy far far away circa 1984 were the Nagai-who remind me of The Cramps  -hopefully they'll be an element to TV shows comics books &  movies somewhere down the line..


There were the Tof as well who were giant warlike  hippies  lol-they did bring  back Valance and Domina Tagge so they could be a species that'll appearin the future


Been working on alot of Star Wars stuff lately  this post concerntrates on Newspaper strips Archie Goodwin and Al Williamson created way back in 81 - a future post will feature David Michilinie's and Walt Simonsons Ressurection of Evil  Walts stories are among my faves  in-between Empre and Jedi -


 







Gribbit  in final panel is same species as Froglady from Mando you could re-make Barbie with her and this dreamboat



Reminds me of Gabriel the  Toad from Bagpuss 

Enjoy colouring these strips although they have habit of crashing before I can save  maybe it's size of scan -feels different from colouring regular comic book format  


Hopefully I'm not over ham fisted with the colours- I've  wanted  to colour these since I was a nipper -but more from The Man himself Al Williamson 







The Link Wray of Comics (and thats really saying something!) Old pic I did directly inspired by issue 97's cover entitled "Stormy"
As for Ashoka it does feel like Rebels -love Sabine -would make a great Atom Cat (maybe someone can can turn commonwealth into Lothal lol)Marrok the wolf boy I reckon he's Cal Kestris It would make better sense than him been Ezra -except that won't be revealed until third and final Jedi game...it would be a neat crossover,

No comments:

Post a Comment

FallOut 4 Thee Playlist.

 My Fallout Fallout4 playlist meaning it's based on the original games and tv show for a change (I've done Star Wars, The Avengers, ...