Sunday 9 April 2023

One Offs 2


 Art Gene Day

 Something I coloured back in January -looking forward to the new Indy movie ,, hopefully all the doomsayers have spoken  all wrong...looks very 1969


More Harrison this time as Rick Deckard started these last autumn -whilst colouring Al Williamsons Star Wars strips thought I'd give ol Blade Runner a whirl -these are far from complete but if I get get the sudden urge to return to these I will.
"Let me Tell You about my Mother" lol Been reading Action History of a Violent Comic tonnes of reprints from Action including Death Game 1999 which evolved into Spinball then Spinball Slaves untill Action merged with Battle and then it became Spinball Wars .. these Brian Bolland pages are from late 70's Action annual thought I'd have a go at these -it's very Rollerballesqe

May try out first episode of Harlem Heroes which is set in the 2050's Judge Forgo's era Jet Packs Ahoy! 

Thought I'd leap ahead to first WW2 era  Charleys War story as an experiment  enjoyed Joes art on the BEF stories but one can only wonder how Pat would of written if he was given the chance to research WW2

.

I'll return to WW1 era Charley -as these scans aint great but they are on the earlier re-scanned stories

But by far the best illustrated comic about the Blitzkrieg and Dunkirk -even if story  lacked Pat's impact! By the time Charley concluded Battle had lost it's edge(the other stories got really silly ) and I was more into 2000ad and music ,,

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

FallOut 4 Thee Playlist.

 My Fallout Fallout4 playlist meaning it's based on the original games and tv show for a change (I've done Star Wars, The Avengers, ...