Thursday 11 November 2021

Charleys War Colouring Project -Episode 6

 Art Joe Colquhoun

First time I saw this image must of been 1983 or 84 so I'm 11 - in a copy of Battle picture weekly in black and white advert - it was just as Titan books were starting - Charley most certainly deserved the book treatment I even traveled up to Forbidden Planet to buy it with my eldest sister Evil Edna - I guess it would of been 84 when Cynthia Martin was drawing Star Wars - Power Pack was happening not sure Secret Wars had began or if Transformers had taken off the way it did - I'd check the back cover and dream and wonder what Ro Busters was and ABC Warriors -who  looked like Death Squad but as Robots with a mad looking kid alongside them then I see authors name- same writer as Charley - so I knew I had to check that stuff out (even before my knowledge of Dredd or Rogue) but when I see these covers by Kevin O'Neill and Mike McMahon I want an animated series

Enough nostalgia back to today  I managed to finnish colouring episode 6 of Charleys War I aimed for armistice day -not sure if i'll follow up for Sunday it depends if it's a 3 or 4 page episode ..see how I feel tommorow. Story Pat Mills Art Joe Colquhoun
Just hope my colour doesn't look like vandalism - but I've wanted to colour these stories forever -a brillant ending to chapter one of  this story as the next phase is the Battle of the Somme itself so the firstt 22 pages of story would make a good issue 1 in an alternate universe where Eagle Comics printed Charley alongside Dredd and 2000ad titles -maybe that happened in another dimenson -  here's some more modern trench art

No comments:

Post a Comment

FallOut 4 Thee Playlist.

 My Fallout Fallout4 playlist meaning it's based on the original games and tv show for a change (I've done Star Wars, The Avengers, ...